It’s fall…it’s almost the weekend…so plan your weekend brunch now.
Make this. It’s fall in your mouth, for breakfast…
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (from a can is just fine)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk or regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 stale loaf of Acme Bread (or loaf of your choice), sliced diagonally in 1 inch pieces, or 8 pieces thick sliced bread
- Cooking oil for the pan
- Mix together all ingredients, minus the bread. Spread out baguette slices on a rimmed baking pan in a single layer. Pour on pumpkin mixture and flip to coat. Let sit for 20 minutes, then flip over and soak for 10 minutes more.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat or a electric skillet, like I did. Spray with cooking oil, or drizzle a little into the pan, and cook about half of the soaked breads at a time for 5 to 7 minutes on one side and about 3 minutes on the other. They should be golden to medium brown and flecked with darker spots.
- If not serving immediately, cover and place in a 200 degree oven for up to an hour. Serve with maple syrup, and sprinkle with powdered sugar if you want to get fancy.