- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance or butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine. In separate bowl combine milk, melted butter, beaten eggs and grated apples.
- Heat griddle or large frying pan over medium heat. Using a wooden spoon, combine wet and dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Prepare the griddle/pan with spray oil or butter, then add pancake batter in large spoonfuls (around 1/4 cup) and cook until bubbles begin to appear on top of batter, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until center is cooked and outsides are brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
I put a big dollop of home made pear cranberry compote on ours…recipe coming soon!