Alright…I have to admit that I NEVER thought I’d make bbq sauce. Not sure why. Maybe it’s because I’m not a huge meat fan, and when I eat it, I am generally not the one to cook it. But sometimes I like to give in to the fact that my amazing husband really appreciates meat for dinner once in a while. (We eat meatless a lot of the time)
The one thing I like cooking is roasted chicken. There’s something nice about cooking a whole bird. It’s simple. And rustic. And I like both of those things.
So I made BBQ sauce. Bone suckin’ sauce. Holy smokes this is amazing sauce. Use it on anything meaty. In fact, use it on un-meaty things like tofu. It makes a mean baked BBQ tofu. See – BBQ sauce for everyone!! Hell yes.
From The Pioneer Woman
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/4 whole Onion, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (additional) Brown Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Distilled Vinegar (less To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 4 Tablespoons Chipotle Adobo Sauce (the Adobo Sauce Chipotle Peppers Are Packed In)
- Dash Of Salt
- Heat canola oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for five minutes, stirring, being careful not to burn them.
- Reduce heat to low. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Allow to simmer while the chicken roasts. Taste after simmering and add whatever ingredient it needs (more spice, more sugar, etc.)