How can you NOT make treats for that face?
Adapted from Take a Megabite
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin or mashed/canned sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour (all purpose, whole wheat...rice...whatever you'd like)
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and get out two baking sheets or one large baking sheet. Don't both with cooking spray or parchment.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, salt and eggs until combined. Slowly add the flour and stir until combined. (I used my stand mixer).
- I was lazy this time around (like Sherpa really cares) and formed the dough into 1 1/2 inch 'logs' and cut pieces off of them. Because the dough wasn't chilled, the pieces ended up like long ovals (not circles) that reminded me of biscotti. Rustic, yo.
- OR you can roll dough out on a lightly floured surface 1/4-1/2?, depending on how crunchy you want them to be. Cut out shapes with a small cookie cutter and place on your baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip them all over and bake for 15 minutes more. Cool completely before giving to your Sherpa.